SB-220 Modification

Thomas Beltran tbeltran at EARTHLINK.NET
Wed Feb 25 01:32:49 EST 2004

Currently, I'm putting most of the Harbach mods into my Heath SB-220.  I am
at least the third owner.  I was aware that it had some modification,
because there is a molex connector for the large transformer.  In putting in
the RM-220 Metering board, I found the following modification:   the
connection from the high voltage feed-through insulator to the left of the
metering board (just to the front of the zenier diode) is not the stock
heavy blue wire, but a 10 ohm 7 watt resistor.  Any ideas as to the function
of this resister for the SB-220?  Is this a common addition?  Tom W6EIJ