FS: DX-100, SX-42, SX-28

Brian Wood wood at LPBROADBAND.NET
Sat Jan 24 23:36:41 EST 2004

I received an inquiry from K6UNE (attached below) about the value of some
items from W2UNS's estate. I passed along the price sites we've discussed
here in recent days, so he now knows the approximate value. If you are
interested, please contact K6UNE directly. In a subsequent email, he added:
"All the tubes are in the receivers (the loctals in the SX42 are quite rare
I am told). Biggest problem is the owner was a very heavy smoker."

Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: Dublinfour at aol.com [mailto:Dublinfour at aol.com]
Sent: Saturday, January 24, 2004 3:26 PM
To: w0dz at arrl.net
Subject: DX-100

Dear Brian
I read your DX-100 article a second time recently because of W2UNS becoming
a silent key. His family spotted my antenna and asked if I could help settle
the radio stuff of the father's estate. One of the things was a DX-100. I am
trying to establish what the transmitter is worth. It looks complete but
have not been able to test to see how it operates.  Our local club is now
the custodian of this and 2 Hallicrafter receivers (a SX-28 and SX-42) that
we wish to sell with the proceeds to the family. If you know of any person
or company that can help us establish the worth (if any) it would be very
much appreciated. Thanks for your time and help. 73.
Bill    K6UNE