HW/SB 10x sensitivity mod

Edward B Richards zuu6k at JUNO.COM
Sun Jul 11 12:44:02 EDT 2004

I want to thank everyone who responded to my post. You all said basically
the same thing. "replace the RF amp with a 6HS6 and forget it". I Think
there is more to it than that:

. > Chuck Penson said "The kit amounted to a new RF amplifier tube
> (6HS6) ...and a couple of new parts...look between tubes V10 and V11
> ...for the addition of a resistor and a small disc capacitor that
> have been tack soldered between existing parts. Also look for a
> space left by a capacitor clipped out near V10." Comparing the
> schematics I see C417 changed from a .02 to a .005, C425 changed
> from a .02 to a .005, and R422 added. I wondered if that is what the
> kit does. It doesn't jive with Chuck's description.

Maybe that is why several people said it didn't help much. What I am
looking for is the component designation and value of those components
being changed/replaced/ added. Thank you

73, Ed Richards K6UUZ