Solid state VFO - DX100

Brian Wood wood at LPBROADBAND.NET
Thu Jul 22 09:33:23 EDT 2004

Actually, Glen, you have but to ask and ARRL will most likely grant you the
right to copy an article. They have allowed others to put copies of my
articles online as soon as the issue in which they appear has been out about
a month.

The original question, though, still needs the answer to "Why?" Why make
this mod? I am not a purist with respect to the old equipment. If you are
going to use it and not put it on a shelf, then by all means, make some
needed mods. But in this case, I'm not sure it's wise. The VF-1 in the
DX-100 *is* drifty, but some of AA8TV's mods that I mentioned in my article
will help.

I've tried making solid state VFO's in the past, and I think they are
trickier than you might expect. So I plan to leave mine alone.

Brian, W0DZ
Proud ARRL Life member

-----Original Message-----
From: Heathkit Owners and Collectors List
[mailto:HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV]On Behalf Of Glen Zook
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2004 8:49 PM
To: HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: Re: Solid state VFO - DX100

I have no idea since I haven't been a member of the
ARRL since the mid-1970s when their ideas of what
amateur radio needed went one way and mine went the
other way!

However, I am looking at the issue right now!

Unfortunately, the ARRL is VERY protective of their
copyrights and I cannot legally scan it and distribute
the material.

But the article definitely starts on page 18 of the
December 1972 issue.

Glen, K9STH

--- fev <fev at ciudad.com.ar> wrote:

=====