SB-401 Parts AM filter question?

Kevin Thomas kg9il at SBCGLOBAL.NET
Mon Jun 21 21:13:26 EDT 2004

Fred et al,

My guess is that the filter was produced in the 21st week of 1971. This is
somewhat common nomenclature on electronics parts...and other items....
Since the bible (Penson's book) says that the 303 was made from 70-76...this
kinda fits..... The regular AM filter was 3.75Kc...although I have see a few
5Kc filters for sale claiming to be Heath filters. Never seen a pic of one
of the 5Kc ones so can't say for sure... I am sure we will see other, more
qualified, responses on this......

73
Kevin
KG9IL

-----Original Message-----
From: Heathkit Owners and Collectors List
[mailto:HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV]On Behalf Of FRED HOLNAGEL
Sent: Monday, June 21, 2004 3:49 PM
To: HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: SB-401 Parts AM filter question?

..  For sale excellant panel for the 401 with plastic escutsion plate with
"Heathkit" and "SB- 401" emblems sharp and unscratched. All silk screen ing
sharp and unworn. $20.00
Panel meter, clear face. $12.50
Power xfmr. $15.00
Set of tube pulls minus the finals and one small tube $10.00
Other parts, what do you need?

All above plus shipping from 98661

Question:  I have what i think is the AM filter for an SB-303 receiver
marked 3.75 khz. (Seems narrow?)  On one side is stamped 2171. Part number
is 404-M285P364.  The 2171 has me stymied. (Kit part #?)  Thanks!