low voltag power strip aka rigrunner knock off for heathkit radios

MIKE BRYCE prosolar at SSSNET.COM
Sat Mar 20 12:36:13 EST 2004

boys and girls..

got to many hw-8s, HW-202 and SB-104s?

only one power supply?

well it's been a long winter and I had way too much time on my hands..

so, I designed a rigrunner clone. It uses the amp power poles, fuses, leds
and by pass capacitors.

the whole shebang is connected to your power supply via a heavy duty cable.
That way you don't loose one of your power pole connectors when you hook up
power to the strip.

there will be two flavors..

one is a five outlet affair and lacks any real bells and whistles... it does
have LED fuse failure indicators. Yes, it has fuses..

version two will have 10 outlets and overvoltage, under voltage warning LED
and a few more LEDS such as power, reverse polarity and so on.

Neither version will be offered at this time with a case...

If there is enough interest, I'll have a run of PC boards made for the 5
outlet first and if enough interest will do a run of the 10 outlet pc board

prices?

the board only for the 5 outlet will be $14 +shipping
the board only for the 10 outlet will be $18 + shipping

again, if the interest is there might offer a complete kit including the
power poles..

I work in a steel mill, so having been around big heavy things ( not taking
into account my first wife) for 32 years, the design for the power strip is
industrial strength!

I ran 85 amps through the prototypes without heating the traces!

both boards are rated for 40 amps..

3 oz copper traces over a half inch wide. Double sided PC board with top and
bottom solder masks. Silk screen on the top side.

the original prototype used a "maxi" fuse but I have changed it back to the
atc type because of a problem with wrapping a case around the pcb and having
the top too high to get to the small atc fuses.

drop me an email if interested...

have fun keeping the green flame burning..

Mike Bryce, WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems

http://www.seslogic.com
http://www.theheathkitshop.com