T/R relay for DX100?

Garey Barrell k4oah at MINDSPRING.COM
Mon May 17 11:14:47 EDT 2004

Steve -

Easiest is to get one of the Dow-Key coaxial relays with a 110VAC
coil.  The ones with the longer connector on the receiver side
have a "double-break" contact that further reduces the signal
level into the receiver front end.   They sell for $20-30.  The
DK60-G2C model has a pair of DPDT relay contacts mounted on the
side of the coax relay to mute the receiver at the same time.

You can either use a short jumper cable from the transmitter
output to the relay, or use a "male-to-male" UHF connector to
mount the relay directly to the transmitter.  I "think" pins 2
and 4 of the octal socket on the back are the ones that have
110VAC on them when the Plate switch is closed.

Another alternative is to just purchase a standard DPDT relay and
put it into a small box with UHF connectors on it.  You won't be
able to tell the difference in operation up through 10M if you
use short heavy wire leads inside.

73, Garey - K4OAH
Atlanta