Shipping an SB-220

Ray Friess rayfri at HIGHSTREAM.NET
Mon May 17 11:25:22 EDT 2004

The shipping industry term "drop shipment" seems to be taken LITERALLY
by UPS....
in fact, in my experience, they seem to have expanded it to "drop and/or
kick shipment"..
As such, I will not use UPS if there is ANY way around it.   I know an
sb 220 is slightly
heavier than an sb 200, but I have shipped a couple of those, as well as
other equipment,
postal and have yet to have one arrive damaged.    One time a tube was
broken inside a smaller rig, but I think it was because I left it in
it's socket and it worked it's way out.  However, I've never
had a damaged rig as has been seen in UPS shipments.    It sometimes
costs a bit more to
ship postal, but I'd rather pay more and have it arrive on my doorstep
or on the other person's doorstep in one piece instead of being
"drop/kick shipped" by UPS.