Where Can I find one?

Richard Bidwell rfb100 at CUISP.COM
Thu Nov 11 15:08:29 EST 2004

Hi group  -- I am in need of a part for a Heathkit audio generator,
IG-72.  Needed is a lamp/bulb used in the oscillator output control
circuit.  It is a 115 v,  3 w., small screw base, installed on the
bottom side of the chassis; overall length about 1 7/8"; Heath part no.
412-2.  There is no ID on the bulb proper other than "USA".  It failed
because in troubleshooting the unit, which had quit, I accidentally put
about 400 v on the bulb which resulted in a very bright flash and a
burned-out filament.  I've checked with AES and Antique Tubes on the Web
to no avail.

Can anyone suggest a source for such a bulb or what could be used as a
substitute if none are available?  This is the second audio osc. that
has pooped out in about a month, and I only have one left!   Will
appreciate any qadvice or assistance.  Dick Bidwell, VA