D-104 mic and HW-100

TChesek@Epix.Net tchesek at EPIX.NET
Wed Nov 17 11:37:54 EST 2004

I'm looking to pick the brains of the old-timers. I have two D-104 mics. One is on the G Stand and the other is on the T-UG8. The G Stand has the amplifier with the toggle switch for battery conservation but I have not yet tried this mic except to try it's D-104 head on the T-UG8(which I have used) to verify that it works. I use the T-UG8 intermittently and find that the battery goes dead in a matter of a few weeks even without use. Is this normal?

The T-UG8 activates transmit on my HW-100 with the E/R switch in either position and I use it on the R position. Does it really matter which position I use. The G Stand does not have an E/R switch. Was that the way that option kit came? When I look at the document at BAMA I don't see reference to E/R for that G Stand option. (if there are readers not familiar with E/R... E is electronic switching and R is relay switching)

Thanks & 73,

Tom K3TVC