SB 301

Mark V. Johnson mvjohn at SYMPATICO.CA
Sat Oct 9 18:40:57 EDT 2004

Glen,
Its with some hesitation that I question your technical wisdom as I've
always read your posts with great interest over the years and have
learned a many things.
I'm looking at my SB-301 and it has the 6CB6. I'm looking at the
schematic for the SB-301 and all tube filaments are connected in
parallel. The schematic does discern those tubes that are direct chassis
mounted (6AS11, LMO tube) vs those on the 2 circuit boards, however,
they are connected in parallel. According to my RCA tube manual, the
6CB6 and 6BZ6 have the same pinouts, the same filament voltages and the
same filament current draw. The two tubes should be interchangable as
far as filament voltages go. I'm not sure I see your point on this one.
As I say Glen, I have much respect for your technical wisdom but  I
can't see your point on this one  hihi..

Respectfully

Mark V. Johnson VE3DJU/VE3DDI