SB 301 LMO tubes

Manuel Monteserin Garcia mmonteserin at YA.COM
Mon Oct 11 07:26:57 EDT 2004

Hello , good morning.
I've read in Heathkit's mail list, your comments from Stu (W6CUX) about
SB-301:
    "However, there was a 3-page modification letter dated 1-6-69 which
added a
   470K load to the AM detector. The partial schematic relating to that mod
   shows the LMO as having a 6CB6. Since both tubes have the same base
(7CM), I
   would replace whatever is in there with the same type to maintain the
   calibration."
I'm a SB-301 owner from long time ago and, if it's possible,  would have
these 3 pages
letter...Please, could you send a copy to me...?.  (I'll be glad of pay
shipment.) Or e-mail
a scanned letter.
Thanks in advance for your time and attention.
With my best wishes from Madrid,
Manuel Monteserin