Heathkit cult

Technotronic Dimensions steve at TECHNOTRONIC-DIMENSIONS.COM
Fri Oct 15 14:37:46 EDT 2004

 Good Point Fred.

 Back then, I think Heathkits were priceless to the younger crowd like me.
It
 gave me tremendous confidence when I built my first one in 1982 ( I was 17)
 and it was a digital clock Model GC-1107, which still sits here at my desk
 running as good as it ever did, with not a single period of service since
 that day. How many clocks did you see that era with a photo sensor to set
 the lumination level of the display depending on the brightness of the
room?
 Saves power and wear and tear on the gas display tube. Very smart and
 innovative, and ahead of its time too. If only Heath were still around
these
 days, I think the younger generation could find a way to stay out of
trouble
 much the same way I did back then. It wasnt shortly after that I got a
 novice class Ham licence in my sr. HS year and became a CW nut. Heath sure
 did help open my mind to the world of Electronics.

 Steve Hearns
Technotronic Dimensions, NY [USA]
 WWW.TECHNOTRONIC-DIMENSIONS.COM
 1-877-817-9885 (Voice / Fax Toll Free - US Only)