Heathkit cult

Roger Hensley hensley6 at LOCALNET.COM
Fri Oct 15 17:56:02 EDT 2004

 From what I am reading, I see the same problems that the Model Railroading
hobby is now having. There the fact is that most new MRRs are not
interested in building kits, They want it assembled and ready to run. They
want it NOW.

I see the same thing here in the comments about cell phones and ready to
use gear that does everything but wash the kitchen sink. Just as the new
MRRs want it already built and ready to go with minimum effort, most
younger folks look at HAM Radio as just a way to communicate and not a very
efficient one at that.

If anyone has an answer, let me know. In my case, I returned to HAM Radio
after a number of years away from it because I want to put it together and
make it go. In that respect, I'm a dinosaur...

Roger Hensley  kc9eji

== Central Indiana Division, NMRA -- http://cid.railfan.net ==
== Railroads of Madison County - http://madisonrails.railfan.net ==