SB-301/401

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Sun Oct 17 15:25:32 EDT 2004

The problem is not with the impedance of the cable but
is with the capacitance.  RG62/U has MUCH less
capacitance per foot than 50 and 72 ohm coaxial cable.

I do sell the cable kits for the Heath SB Line.  Check
the Zcomco website the URL of which is listed at the
end of this message.

Glen, K9STH

--- sb200 <sb200 at OPTONLINE.NET> wrote:

Hello guys I just bought a SB-301/401 and in the
manual it says that 3 of the cables between the 401
and the 301 must be RG-62/u 24 @ inches long. Is there
a substitute coax I can use?  I was thinking of using
some 75 ohm coax cable that I have laying around.  The
RG-62/u is 93 ohm do you guys think 75 ohm is close
enough ?  If you guys think this a bad idea maybe
someone has a few of these cables they want to sell.

=====
Glen, K9STH

Web sites

http://home.comcast.net/~k9sth