Heathkit Cult

Charles Seitz cseitz at ENTER.NET
Sun Oct 17 14:25:56 EDT 2004

Well, I guess I'm also a cultist.  I built my first
one, a DX-40 in 1959.  I still have it.  Although I
don't use it anymore, it still works.

Heathkits in everyday service here include:

GC-1195 Digital Floor clock - still using light bulbs
SB-303 - OK but not great receiver

ID-1590 - Wind speed Direction Indicator
ID-1390 - Indoor Outdoor Thermometer
HW-2036 - You can still identify it from the synthesizer wine

These are my core test instruments. I can troubleshoot most
'fixable' electronic devices with these:

IM-104 - My all time favorite Multimeter
IO-4510 Dual Trace Scope - Only kit I needed to return for service
IM-2420 Frequency counter

We can only lament about Heathkits.  Heathkits are gone and
they ain't coming back.  We cultists are the legacy.

                             ---  CHAS  WA2DYA