Sick Marauder

Larry Knapp kc8jx at YAHOO.COM
Thu Apr 21 10:21:11 EDT 2005

Larry - Welcome to the HX-10 club.

I don't have my Marauder manuals here at work, but it already sounds like you
have made great progress getting this very nice transmitter back to life.  If
you are truly getting 110W out into a dummy load, then you have grid drive.  My
first question would be, when tuning up (or if the tx is just turned on) do you
get any indications of any kind on the HX-10's meter?  That is HV, or plate
current....etc.  If you are, but it's not reading correctly, (or are not) the
problem may be in the metering circuit.  Look closely at your manuals schematic
at the metering.  It's not real complicated.  There are some resistors in the
metering that need to be checked, which is what I wouldlook at first.  I don't
know their R numbers but if you have gone this far, I'm sure you can figure
this out.

This is a great list and has many very good technicans that use this, so I'm
sure we can all assist you in fully restoring this transmitter.

73, Larry KC8JX