Cleaning the wafer switches, etc. Best methods .

Randy Kaeding rkaeding at HEATHKIT.COM
Wed Apr 27 14:20:16 EDT 2005

WARNING

Be very careful when you use spray cleaners. Some of them will eat plastic
like it's dessert.

Randy, K8TMK
"one of the Hams (still) at Heathkit"

-----Original Message-----
From: Heathkit Owners and Collectors List
[mailto:HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV]On Behalf Of jcrens at earthlink.net
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 10:26 AM
To: HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: Re: [HEATH-TEMPE] Cleaning the wafer switches, etc. Best
methods.

Back in the good old days of mechanical TV tuners, the common cleaning
method was to use something called StaticClean, or some such.  It did a
very nice job.  Of course, it probably had flourides and carbon tet and all
manner of other pollutants, so it's long since disappeared from the market.

However, Radio Shack still sells some stuff that's the functional
equivalent. I have no idea what's in it, but I've used it to clean up both
wafer switches and pots. It works very nicely -- almost as well as the old
stuff.

Jack