Parts from Heath SB-614, plus other items FS

Ken Simpson, W8EK W8EK at SPEAKEASY.NET
Sat Apr 30 07:10:55 EDT 2005

Heath items for sale:

I have a Heath SB-614 that let the smoke out of its
transformer, so I am parting it out in hopes that someone
can improve their unit.  Since the transformer is gone,
I think it is safe to say that the high voltage caps are also
gone.  Cosmetically, it is almost perfect.

Many of these parts are also good for other units, such
as the SB-634, or units in that series, or in some case,
any of the Heath SB line.

"Clamshell" case -  both top and bottom, with feet.  This
looks almost perfect.  No dents dings, scratches, or missing
paint that I can find.  The only problem is where the smoke
came out of the transformer, some of it was deposited on the
inside of the case.  None of it shows on the outside.  $20

Side rails - includes the aluminum rails that connect the
top and bottom of the case, and the hardware.  $10

Set of 3 medium knobs - 1 1/8 inch skirt.
These are about as perfect as you will find.  Of course
these knobs are used on virtually all of the SB line.  $15

Set of 3 medium knobs, as above from another unit.
These are not as nice.  $10

Set of 3 small knobs -  7/8 inch skirt
These are the smaller knobs not used on many of the
SB units, but used on the SB-614.  Close to perfect
condition.  $15

Set of 2 small knobs
As above, but from a different unit.  Nice shape.  $10

"Lever" knob
This is the knob that always breaks, and is used on the
SB-101/102, etc. as a switch for the CW filter, as well
as being used on the SB-614.  Looks perfect.  I have
two from the SB-614.  $10 each.

Front panel of SB-614, including bezel and gradicule
Looks very close to perfect.  $20

3 RP 1 CRT    $25

Other parts are also available, but I tried to list the ones
that I thought people would want the most.  E-mail your
needs, and I will try to help.

Working Heath units available:

Heath HM-102 HF wattmeter.
Covers 1.8 to 30 MHz, with 200 W and 2000 W full
scale.  It can also be used to check SWR, and has a
remote sensor that can either be left inside the meter,
or separated from the actual meter by about 3 feet.
SO-239 connectors in and out. This particular meter
is in very nice shape. It looks very close to new, with
paper work included for $40

Heath HM-2102 VHF wattmeter, covering 50 to 160 MHz.
Similar to the HM-102 above, but for VHF frequencies.
SWR bridge, plus 250 and 25 watt scales.  Looks great
and includes paper work for $ 40.

Heath Desk Microphone
This is the brown Heath desk microphone that was
sold with the later Heath rigs. I think it is an HDP-121,
but I do not find the number on it any place. It has the
black Heathkit label, and a PTT bar.
The actual stand is 100% OK, and is in almost perfect
condition. No scratches, dings, or even paint wear on
this part of it. The actual mic cartridge is good, as it
puts out a nice pattern on a scope. The cord is fine,
although there is presently no connector on it. There
is very slight wear on the Heathkit name plate. $ 70

Prices do not include shipping from Florida.

Thanks.

73,

Ken, W8EK

Ken Simpson