Hard to turn pots

Gary H. Harmon Jr. gharmon at IDWORLD.NET
Mon Aug 1 06:58:59 EDT 2005

It's most likely corrosion between the shaft and the collar it rotates in.
The best fix is to remove the pot, disassemble it, remove the corrosion, add
a little lube to the shaft and reassemble the pot, install it back in the
set and press on.  Sometimes you can drip some nut buster liquid on the
shaft with the radio sitting on its rear end, hoping it will work itself
down the shaft.  Once or twice heat from a soldering iron applied to the
shaft broke it loose.  The first solution is the best but also the most time
consuming.

73, gary

Gary H. Harmon, Jr.
K5JWK