Second message about my SB-400 LMO

Tom Bowman wa3rey at COMCAST.NET
Tue Aug 16 16:43:43 EDT 2005

The LMO from my SB-400 is not smooth.
With the LMO out of the rig, turning the worm drive gear by hand, it
feels like it needs to be lubricated.
Any idea what I should use?
There are six plates with stops directly behind the brass collar nut on
the main tuning shaft. I was thinking about using a light oil on those
plates and probably a grease on the worm drive gear,
Does that sound OK?
Checking on the Web, I could not find much info about lubricating the
LMO. Anyone have a site I should check?

73,

Tom, WA3REY