PCB Fab - Checking to see if there is any interest...

W6CUX w6cux at EARTHLINK.NET
Fri Dec 2 12:58:11 EST 2005

Jim,

I have refurbished quite a few HW/SB rigs over the years and
have never needed a replacement PCB. I could always repair
the board or rarely, get one from a scrap rig.

So my bottom line is that I would not be a customer.

Now, if you could come up with some replacement coils for
the bandswitch, that would be interesting.

73, Stu W6CUX

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Flanagan" <jflan at TAMPABAY.RR.COM>
To: <HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
Sent: Friday, December 02, 2005 7:55 AM
Subject: [HEATH-TEMPE] PCB Fab - Checking to see if there is
any interest...

Guys...
  I am considering reverse engineering the phenolic pcbs
which were used
in the SB/HW series of sideband transceivers (SB102, HW101,
etc).  I was
wondering if there would be any interest (market wise) among
the group
in purchasing a set of these boards (5 phenolic PCBs).  My
intent is to
recreate the exact same boards for rebuilding purposes.
This would
intale phenolic material, single sided, minimal tin plating.
I'm not
interested in *improving* any of these, just the original
design.  I've
designed and produced PCBs for my job, but I haven't done
enough
research to find out what they would cost to have made, etc.
My
question is, what would you guys be willing to pay for a set
of these
boards?  Maybe there is NO interest at all..  Your comments
are welcome.

Take care...
-jim
WB5KYE