Input vs. Output

Mel Vance icra at GALAXYNET.COM
Sat Dec 10 18:45:43 EST 2005

> The common availability of OUTPUT meters came much later
> with the development of solid state diodes.  The ability to measure
> fwd and
>
> reflected power and then calculate the VSWR was quite a blessing (I
> think). Now we take for granted what the SWR meter tells us when we
> connect our rigs to an antenna.

OK....I know that you can use the FWD and REF power levels to figure out the
SWR.....

Only problem....with all the SWR meters available, I have forgotten how....

Now find myself without an SWR meter for VHF/UHF, but do have a power meter
that reads both forward and reflected power....

How do I figure the SWR?

Mel
N7OKL