Mineral Oil

Gene Hawkins ka5cnt at SBCGLOBAL.NET
Sun Dec 18 18:12:00 EST 2005

Gary, why not Tater Tots, if you cook them in mineral oil
with heat generated by a KL-1 I'll join you for a snack.

Now folks, will someone please show us a picture of anyone,
anywhere, anytime that has set a cantenna on fire with heat
generated by a piece of Amateur Radio Equipment I'll
eat my hat red feather and all. (quote by Mike Fink, if your
old enough to remember Davy Crockett movies)

Heath, recommended transformer oil, if you could not find it
they said mineral oil would work fine. Quite frankly, any oil
would burn if you get it hot enough, if you adjust your plate
and load long enough to boil or set oil on fire, might I suggest
you learn to tune your transmitter.

Have any of you ever considered that one way to temper metal is
putting it in oil, this metal is many hundreds of degrees HOT and it
does not set the oil on fire. but, if you want to tune for hours on end
Bird in Cleveland will sell you a 25KW water cooled load for about
$15,000, I paid $13.95 plus tax for my cantenna and it mineral oil
has not been checked since 1972, I might add I also have not changed
the filter, and I have not lubed the bail on the can.
MERRY CHRISTMAS

73,

Gene Hawkins
KA5CNT