Heathkit Part 443-843 40 Pin IC

Randy Kaeding rkaeding at HEATHKIT.COM
Fri Dec 23 08:45:25 EST 2005

Don:

According to the print, it is identical to Motorola MC6820 or MC6821,
American Microsystem S6820, or Fairchild F6820.

The print refers to it as a peripheral interface adapter.

Randy, K8TMK
"One of the Hams (still) at Heathkit"

-----Original Message-----
From: Heathkit Owners and Collectors List
[mailto:HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV]On Behalf Of Don
Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2005 2:20 PM
To: HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: [HEATH-TEMPE] Heathkit Part 443-843 40 Pin IC

Anyone have any Idea what a 443-843 might be?  I bought an ET-3400 from
eBay, and it was stuck on the solder-less breadboard.  I don't have any
reference of this part in any of my over 800 manuals, or even in the
Heathkit Engineering Parts Master File.  It just skips right over that
part
number.  It's a Plastic 40 Pin IC manufactured by Motorola with a custom
part number of SC44074PK, and of course the Heathkit part number of
443-843.
I don't see any bottom markings on the chip.

I was just curious what it might be.

Thanks

Don