[heathkit-yahoo] Re: DX-60 oscillator circuit

Brian Carling bcarling at CFL.RR.COM
Sat Dec 31 13:52:20 EST 2005

On 31 Dec 2005 at 5:29, Jim F. wrote:

> A 15pF mica was unsoldered and a 20pf tacked into it's place.
>  This brought the oscillator grid current up nicely with no crystal overheating.
> The problem was somehow solved.
> The removed 15pF capacitor with the correctly colored dots
> actually measured 458pF and been this way from day one.
> No wonder the little transmitter showed very little use.
> (Darn that extra hole in the faceplate !)
> A good lesson here....
> Jim Fitton - W1FMR

Interesting Jim. Things happen - like the 33 ohm resistor someone
put in thie 6DE7 mod stage here. This rig has never been on the air
on AM and MAY have never been on the air on CW either by the
looks of it!

Funny thing is, there is no modulation either. I think it may have a
bad tube, so am going to test the 12AX7 and 6DE7 before I get far
into more signal tracing.  I know my mic is good, but the voltages
don't look quite right on the three audio stages here...

Oscillator is working nicely now though!