SB-200

Walt w3fnz wsmk at PTD.NET
Mon Feb 14 20:25:04 EST 2005

Thanks Tom and Ed,

I replaced just about all of the components in the grid and plate ckt.,power supply and some mods. I also replaced the wafer section on the band switch.
When I tune up on 80m the grid current is normal I can adjust anywhere in the grid range.  The plate current however stays the same at 375ma. This was true on 20m also.  On 80m I can tune the grid current to as much as 500ma but the plate current stays at 375ma.
Can't believe the difference between grid currents  from 80 to 20m.  Starting to sound like the tubes?
Any suggestions?
Walt,  w3fnz