Heath Chippewa (KL-1/KS-1)

Peter Meyer peter.meyer at STUDENTS.LAW.UND.NODAK.EDU
Mon Feb 14 20:01:29 EST 2005

I have a question for the list.

I have a Heath Chippewas that I bought from a fellow when
I was a teenager in the 70's.  It is in working condition.
 What would it be worth to a serious collector?

I have replaced the potted TX with a new Peter Dahl.  I
have replaced the 866's with the solid-state equivalent.
 I have replaced the blower.  The finals (4-400) are
relatively new (NOS).  The HV relay has been replaced with
a more stout version (the contacts on the old relay welded
shut! - makes for an intersting repair if you are not
aware of that)  Chassis/PS is in good shape considering
that it is almost 50 years old.

Please reply to me privately.

73/DX - Pete N0FW