[Heathkit] SB-102 low drive problem

Edward B Richards zuu6k at JUNO.COM
Mon Feb 28 10:37:52 EST 2005

Hi Bob;

I had a similar problem with a HW-101. I realigned it 3 times but still
low power out. I finally found the problem by taking RF level
measurements through out the transmitter. The transformer on the VFO was
out of alignment, causing low signal into the second mixer (I think).
This adjustment is not called out in the alignment procedure, so I missed
it each time I did an alignment. Good luck.

73, Ed Richards K6UUZ