Probable source of ~28.635 MHz interference

Technotronic Dimensions steve at TECHNOTRONIC-DIMENSIONS.COM
Thu Jan 6 19:57:15 EST 2005

 That makes a lot of sense.

 When I was an active Ham back in the early 80's , I was strictly CW, and
 operated mostly on 80 meters, which in fact, the colorburst crystal happens
 to be right
 where the fast CW operators were permitted to broadcast at that time.  The
 reason I loved 80m so much was because my Dipole was cut for 80m, and as I
 went  past that range , I lost power. In fact some of the TV's in the house
 got TVI when I transmitted on 80m. Might have something to do with the fact
 that the TV uses that freq internally, and it was picking it up on the AC
 line, like you described. A lot of households back then also had the 'hot'
 ground, which was one side of the AC recpticle, and its concievable maybe
 even some of the household wiring is cut to the right length and acts as an
 antenna for one of the many harmonics.

 Steve Hearns
 Technotronic Dimensions, NY [USA]
 WWW.TECHNOTRONIC-DIMENSIONS.COM
 1-877-817-9885 (Voice / Fax Toll Free - US Only)
 E-Mail: Steve at Technotronic-Dimensions.com