6HS6 TUBES AND ANTIQUE TUBE CEMENT??

Murray Grandy mgrandy at TELUS.NET
Mon Jan 10 19:14:49 EST 2005

I HAVE A COUPLE OF QUESTIONS THAT MAY BE OF INTEREST TO OTHERS AS WELL. (1) IS THERE ANY WAY TO BE SURE YOU ARE BUYING 6HS6 TUBES AND NOT LESSER TUBES THAT HAVE BEEN RELABELED. I HAVE HEARD OF THIS BEING DONE, AND AM SOMEWHAT RELUCTANT TO BUY. (2) DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT TYPE OF CEMENT WAS USED TO HOLD THE OLD TUBES IN THEIR BAKELITE BASE, AND IS IT AVAILABLE TODAY.
MURRAY VE7MGY