Heath AR 1-3 And More

BSugarberg bsugarberg at CORE.COM
Fri Jul 1 12:02:45 EDT 2005

Hello John,

Check Penson's "Heathkit" book says:

AR-1 1949 - 1951 $23.50 (less cabinet)
AR-2 1952 - 1955 $25.50 (less cabinet)
AR-3 1956 - 1961 $27.95 (less cabinet)

AR-1 550 kc - 20 mc.  6 tubes.  No BFO,
no bandspread, no phone jack, no AVC
switch.  No built-in speaker.  Has tone
control, has phono/radio switch.
Optional gray metal cabinet $4.50.

AR-2 535 kc - 35 mc.  6 tubes.  Added BFO,
added built-in speaker, added bandspread,
added RF gain control with AVC on/off,
added phone jack, added noise limiter,
removed tone control, removed phono/radio
switch.  Optional gray fabric covered
wood cabinet $4.50.

AR-3 550 kc - 30 mc.  5 tubes.  Added
antenna trimmer control, band switch has
larger knob and is moved to the middle
of the front panel, added octal accessory
socket on the rear panel to supply
power to a Q-mulitplier, added lighted
dial.  Optional gray fabric covered
wood cabinet $4.50.

All units measure 11.5" wide, 5.75" high,
6.75" deep, and weigh 9 lbs.

AT-1 1953 - 1956.  $29.95.

VF-1 1952 - 1961.  $19.50.

QF-1 1956 - 1960.  $ 9.95.

Other accessories:

AC-1 Antenna Coupler  1953 - 1956.  $14.50.
AM-2 SWR Bridge	      1957 - 1962.  $15.95.

73, Bruce WA8TNC