Need a name

Jack Rubin jack.rubin at AMERITECH.NET
Fri Jul 8 13:09:50 EDT 2005

Lou Frenzel

Jack Crenshaw <jcrens at EARTHLINK.NET> wrote:I'm trying to dredge up a name, and having trouble. I'll bet there are
plenty of Heathers out there -- probably someone who worked at Heathkit
-- who can help.

The fellow is the one who originally started the Heathkit computer
line. As I understand it, he developed the original H-8. When it
turned out to be a success, he got squeezed completely out by the team
of Plummer and Yeager. He moved over into the educational group, and
developed the 6800-based training kit, among other things. He was a
super-nice guy, and deserved a lot better than he got. There's a
certain ironic pleasure, though, in the fact that the educational group
is the only part of Heathkit to have survived.

The only name I'm able to come up with is, "Lou." Can anyone supply a
last name?

As long as I'm dredging for names, I'm also trying to remember the VP
for QA ca. 1978. His first name was Claude -- another super-nice guy.

Jack

parties involved. This list and the City of Tempe are not responsible
for losses or misrepresentations of any kind. Buyer beware!