HW-101

Terry England W9cau at AOL.COM
Fri Jul 8 18:55:55 EDT 2005

Hello, got another question about the 101. From the earlier post on with  the
problem I changed out the MODULATOR  board because it had so many  jumpers on
the traces and the carrier null pot was not soldered on board it also  had
jumpers soldered from the traces to the pot and that is how I found all the
things wrong with it when the carrier null would not null after looking at the
board I saw all of those jumpers and why it started not to work right. Well I
replaced the board re-hooked all the connections per the manual. Now it
receives  AM instead of SSB on LSB and USB. CW and TUNE seem to be ok. It also
transmits  SSB ok I have listened to it on one of my other receivers. The output is
ok also  as is the carrier null. I have also checked the wafer switch's on
the mode and  band switches. Changed out and checked tubes that would affect it.
I also  checked out the function switch as one told me it could be maybe the
problem but  it is ok they stated that they had the same trouble with one they
had and the  function switch was in between PTT and VOX causing it to receive
AM only. Any  more ideas? w9cau