IM-2410 calibration

Jim S. Wharpt at AOL.COM
Sat Jul 16 19:50:05 EDT 2005

I have a IM-2410 that I built back during my NRI correspondence course  days.
The calibration in the book seemed to work and I've used off and on since
then with no major problems.

I recently came into possesion of a 10MHz standard rated at +/- .1 PPM. On  a
calibrated counter at work it reads 10.000001. Feeding this to my  counter, I
get a reading of 9.999820 Mhz. Adjustment of the crystal calibrator  cap C27
only lowers the reading.

Does anyone know if I have to increase or decrease the compensation
capacitance at the counters crystal to bring the reading up to 10.000000  Mhz?