OT: Struggling to find info - needing assistance

PAUL PAGEL ppagel at SBCGLOBAL.NET
Mon Jul 18 16:38:11 EDT 2005

Mike,

I've never heard of Graymark. From your description of the kit's status, I wonder if it wasn't a kit offered by an electronics school. (Why was power applied to the partially built kit with parts still in the box? Providing step-by-step instruction?) It might help if you could provide more information, ie, bands covered, dates on the box/board, etc.

Take a shot at asking ARRL's Technical Information Service (TIS). Although they handle a lot of traffic and might not provide an immediate response because of that, they may have resources that others don't. I'm sure they'll try to help.

73,

Paul / N1FB

Mike Miller <ka9rqw at MCHSI.COM> wrote:
Hey all,
Having problems, and can't think of a more knowledgeable place to
turn for information-

In cleaning out my garage, I came across an old (and not yet
completed) kit I can't seem to find the instructions for or the tube
listing for. It's a Graymark 505b transmitter, still in the original
(though very shopworn) box, with some of the original parts still
packaged inside. It's partially assembled, and appears as though
someone has tried, although unsuccessfully, to apply power to it. I've
considered restoring it and completing it, since the board's not going
to be in pristine condition anyway, most likely, due to the damage to it
from the power applied (there may likely have been a wiring error that
caused it to arc when power was applied, I can't tell without a
schematic, but that would be my guess).

I'm looking for any information I can find for this
unit...schematics, parts list (though, obviously, I could generate that
from a schematic), assembly instructions, etc. Any help or assistance
would be greatly appreciated. I've already checked my usuals (BAMA,
eserviceinfo, mods.dk, and so forth) already, with no luck, so those are
exhausted. I've also googled for what I would consider the obvious
(graymark, graymark 505, graymark 505b, graymark transmitter), with no
luck either. Anyone got any other suggestions?

Apologies for directions away from the green. Thanks!!

--Mike, KA9RQW

parties involved. This list and the City of Tempe are not responsible
for losses or misrepresentations of any kind. Buyer beware!