Metered Variac Sschematic

Bob Krassa bob at KRASSA.COM
Fri Jun 17 15:05:36 EDT 2005

I am looking for a schematic for a dual metered General Radio Variac. Mine
has the voltmeter and wattmeter.  The wattmeter is toast and I will replace
it with an ammeter.  But before I do, I would like to make sure the
connections are correct.  Can't find a schematic anywhere on the internet.
And to me, AC power circuits in which toroid transformers are switched in to
regulate the load, are not intuitive.  Can anyone help?