Probes

Malcolm Leonard radiorepair at MINDSPRING.COM
Tue Jun 21 22:52:35 EDT 2005

Modern,solid state scopes use BNC connectors.Every electronics parts catalog
shows photos of these BNC connectors,so identifying them is easy.Tube based
scopes like your Heath model used female banana jacks on the front panel and
male banana plugs on the probe cable.
Some prefer to change those female banana jacks to a BNC while others
prefer to keep everything original.
I am puzzled about your 11 incorrect purchases as any electronics
distributor would,of course,answer your questions prior to an actual
purchase,so how you manatged to accumulate so many non-fitting units
is a bit beyond my own ability to figure out.
----- Original Message -----
From: <pandc at MAILAKA.NET>
To: <HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
Sent: Monday, June 20, 2005 3:56 PM
Subject: [HEATH-TEMPE] Probes

I received your address from a Heath owner who says maybe you can answer a
question for me: I have a 1950 HeathKit Oscilloscope Model 0-5, no matter
what type of male end probes I get they just don't seem to fit. I have
purchased 11 different ones and all seem to big to put into the plug-ins.
Any ideas,  or will I have to figure out which female end I need and change
the plug-ins on my machine. THANK YOU,
Phil
pandc at mailaka.net