Heathkit BT-1 Battery Tester Part Needed

Malcolm Leonard radiorepair at MINDSPRING.COM
Tue Mar 8 00:45:23 EST 2005

Hi,
I have the exact part you need removed from a yard sale BT-1.
I need a 100K linear pot of at least 4 watts,and a 10K linear pot of at
least 2 watts.Do you have either of these to trade,by any chance?
Malcolm Leonard
----- Original Message -----
From: "Guthy, Charles" <cguthy at SAGELABS.COM>
To: <HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
Sent: Monday, March 07, 2005 10:31 AM
Subject: [HEATH-TEMPE] Heathkit BT-1 Battery Tester Part Needed

Hello....
I want to repair a Heathkit Model # BT-1 Battery Tester from the 1950s.
I need the three-section wirewound potentiometer assembly,threaded
bushing panel-mount,single turn...looks like 2 to 3(maybe 5)  watt
rating.
It is probably Heath P/N  13-1.
# 137845(manufacturer's ID ?) also appears on the body.
The control section closest to the panel is 100 ohms; the center one is
1 K ; the rear one is 15 K.
Can anyone direct me to a potentially viable source for a
replacement....one that might have a select-the- values-you-want, and
assemble it yourself service ?
Or can anyone suggest a more modern set-up wherein one shaft turns 3
potentiometers at the same time(customer's choice of resistance values)
?
Does anyone have a ' bad '  BT-1 with a good potentiometer assembly that
you would sell to me ?
....any other recommendations ??
Thank you for your help.
Please respond off-line.