SB-401 output

James Sutherin JSutherin at FBAINC.COM
Tue Mar 8 16:18:40 EST 2005

I'm currently working on getting a SB401 going again.
I have peaked the Het osc and the driver grid coils. I noticed for 21,
28 & 29 The grid drive was about 2.4 +/-volts as measured on pin 2 of
the 6CL6 driver. The other bands 80,40 & 20 were about 4.5+/-. This also
affected the driver output as measure on pins 5 of the 6146's The
voltages were measured with a RF probe and a VTVM. I also notice there
was almost no grid drive on 15 - 29.5 MHz, while on 80,40 & 20 there
sufficant grid drive.

Was there any mods that were used to increase the upper band drive, or
is there something else I should be looking for?

Thanks
Jim K8DHC