SB-610 more info

sb200 sb200 at OPTONLINE.NET
Fri Mar 25 00:54:27 EST 2005

Correct as I said in the original email tube V7 is the last stage in the IF.  All tubes have tested good but I can replace it just to see.  I'll get back to you about the 6ba6.  Just to let you the cap is attached to grid circuit.  I think I'l change the cap thats in there now to the 12 pf and work my way down.  Thanks for your help.

----- Original Message -----
  From: AWSRET at aol.com
  To: sb200 at optonline.net
  Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2005 1:44 PM
  Subject: Re: SB-610 more info

  Hi again Chris, I took another look at the book and figure you might want to look and see how the circuit is wired in the receiver.  It is suggested in the manual that it be connected to the last IF tube plate.  There were 3 caps supplied with the kit originally.  They say to use the smallest one that will give required deflection.  Another thought is the tube might be weak.  It can also be connected to the input grid crt of the final IF amplifier.  the caps supplied are 1.0mmf, 2.2mmf, and 12mmf.
  Good luck, Al W8KIZ