WTB - power cord for SB-303

Garey Barrell k4oah at MINDSPRING.COM
Mon Mar 28 08:55:51 EST 2005

john wrote:

>On 27 Mar 2005 at 16:54, W6CUX wrote:
>

>>I never could understand why Heath used these unsafe,
>>non-standard cords on (and only on) the SB-30x and SB-40x
>>rigs. No other Heath equipment (that I know of) uses a
>>detachably power cord.
>>

>Many, many (most?) pieces of Heath ham and test gear used 2 wire
>plugs...
>
>John K5MO

As did just about every other piece of amateur or domestic electrical
equipment in that era.   Portable power tools and industrial or
commercial equipment had three wire cords.  Collins "Amateur" equipment
had three wire cords because it was built for the military.  IT's a
wonder any of us survived!  :-)

73, Garey - K4OAH
Atlanta

Drake R-4C Service Information CD