[Heathkit] SB-102 RF voltages

Edward B Richards zuu6k at JUNO.COM
Mon Mar 28 13:36:12 EST 2005

Hi Bob;

My HW-100 manual has RF voltages. Since it is basically the same radio,
they should be similar.

Wiper of carrier null control=1.0
T1, pin 1=.1
Both sides of FL1=.3
V3, pin 5=2.5
V5, pin 2=.5
V5, pin 6=.6
V5, pin 7=2.0
T202, pin 2=.3
V6, pin 5=2.5
V7, pin 2=2.1
V7, pin 6=45
V8, V9, pin 5=45
V19, pin 2=5.0
V19; pin 3=2.0

I had a similar problem; low output on certain bands. Everything checked
good. I aligned it 3 times. No improvement. I finally found the trouble
with a RF probe; low RF voltage on V5, pin 7 (1.0 V). The transformer on
the VFO sub-chassis was mis-tuned. I peaked it and ran a sensitivity
curve across the dial and it was essentially flat. The transformer seems
to be broad band. Just peak it at mid-scale (2.5 kc). The reason I missed
this was because the alignment procedure does not mention this
transformer (T941) and I followed the alignment procedure faithfully.
Good luck.

73, Ed Richards K6UUZ
AMI member #1534