SB 200 items

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Mon May 2 11:05:07 EDT 2005

First of all, Heath used at least 6 different shades
of green on the SB-Line cabinets.  Those ranged from
an almost lime green to a gray with just a "hint" of
green.  They also used at least 3 different shades of
green on the front panels of the SB-Line.  You could
purchase an SB-600, SB-401, SB-301, SB-200, SB-620,
and an SB-630 all at the same time and get a different
colored cabinet on each one!  There was no "rhyme nor
reason" to which color cabinet was furnished at any
time.

I have had Sherwin-Williams computer match the
particular shade of green that I consider the most
"attractive".  This is the gray with just a "hint" of
green.  I will have to go through my paint and give
you the forumula.  This is one of the paints that I
obtain in quart sizes since I do not use it all that
much on cabinets that I repaint for clients.

You will need a paint gun of some type unless your
local Sherwin-Williams is one of those that can load
spray cans.

Heath did not prime most of their cabinets no matter
what they were for.  I use the "cheap" stuff from
WalMart that runs 97 cents a can.  It works as well as
any of the more expensive primers.

Glen, K9STH

--- John King <k5pgw at YAHOO.COM> wrote:

What is the paint code for the cabinet (not front
panel) of the SB 200 linear? Is this a Sherwin
Williams available paint? The cabinet has been
stripped. Should I use a primer? Would Zinc Chromate
primer be used as the primer?

Glen, K9STH

Web sites

http://home.comcast.net/~k9sth