SB-401 Info needed

James Cundiff dadofpetie at COMCAST.NET
Sat May 7 15:55:06 EDT 2005

Hello All,
    I  am starting an SB-401 project. After vacuuming the dirt out of it
(literally), I looked it over for the usual burn/arc marks and stuff.
The initial resistance tests so far are right on the money. Here is the
challenge. There is a 6AW8A tube in V8 when there is supposed to be a
6AW8. How important is this? I also discovered that I have 1-6146 (no
brand name) and 1-6146A  RCA final tubes! Hows that for a matched set? I
know that I should have 6146 finals but I seem to remember something
about one brand working better than another.  Does anyone have a spare
locking aluminum shield for the little tube on the LMO? This is slightly
smaller than the other two shields on V9 and V8. Any help with this
would be really appreciated. Thank you and 73. Jim KB3GFC