Help on weak modulation for a Heath SG-8 siggen

Bernie Murphy bernard.murphy at SYMPATICO.CA
Sat Nov 12 13:30:54 EST 2005

I have an SG-1 (I think all the models are basically the same).  I never use
the audio oscillator.

Assuming the tubes are OK, you might have some bad caps. Anything that looks
"gooey" is suspect. As you probably know, sometimes the only way to find bad
caps is to replace with new ones.

Also, carbon resistors tend to change value with time (usually, the
resistance goes up) and that can cause challenging problems.

If you are still stuck, I can scope my SG-1 and give you some signal levels
at some key points.

Regards,
Bernie, VE3FWF, Ottawa, Canada