Help on weak modulation for a Heath SG-8 siggen

Richard Post postr at OHIOU.EDU
Sat Nov 12 18:09:25 EST 2005

Suggest first checking the two caps that go to ground from either
side of the audio frequency choke.  If they are leaky, the symptoms
will be as described. Been there.

If the external mod input works OK, then the following should not apply.
Clean the mod switch contacts.  Dirty tube contacts on 6C4 or weak
6C4 are possible but less likely.  Finally, check for any wiring
error or bad solder joint.  It may never have worked properly.

I was 14 when I built my SG-8. Used it occasionally as a wireless
broadcaster.  Picture at:

<http://oak.cats.ohiou.edu/~postr/bapix/Heath_SG.htm>

Rich KB8TAD