SB-102 Resoration - Part Needed

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Fri Nov 18 16:34:02 EST 2005

The "plate" meter shunt (which actually reads cathode
current) is comprised of the 12 ohm resistors in
parallel from the cathode connections of the 6146
tubes to ground.  The 1 meg resistor changes the meter
into basically a voltmeter.

Mouser has 5% 1 meg resistors in a 3 watt version but
I don't see anything else in their catalogue over 1/2
watt in the 1 meg size at a 1% or better tolerance.
The cost of the 5% resistor is 45 cents in single
quantities and the part number is 66-GS31001004-J.
Mouser is at http://www.mouser.com

The size of the meter in the SB-104 is so small that
you can't tell a 5% variation in the reading.  If you
want the higher wattage then go with the 5% and you
will never know the difference.

Glen, K9STH

--- Jim Flanagan <jflan at TAMPABAY.RR.COM> wrote:

The SB-102 uses a 1 Meg (1W, I think), 1% resistor in
the metering circuitry for monitoring the PA plate
current.  I need to find a new resitor to replace this
resistor.  Preferably, I would like a 2W version for
better stability.  Anyone know where I can easily find
one of these resistors?

Glen, K9STH

Web sites

http://home.comcast.net/~k9sth