Parting out my working SB104A

Hudson, Steve (RBI-US RCD) sdhudson at REEDBUSINESS.COM
Thu Nov 24 09:20:08 EST 2005

Parting Out My Working SB104A:

Hi folks - I've decided to part out my working SB104A to help folks who may
need assemblies from a working rig.

Here's the background on this rig. It worked fine when I put it up on the
shelf some years ago except for two issues with the heterodyne oscillator
board. One is that one of the coils, L405, is missing; that of course
renders the 21 mhz band inoperative. The other is that one of the 10-meter
heterodyne oscillator segments would not oscillate - I believe it was the 29
mhz one.

Also, when checked just now, I find the following additional issue with the
heterodyne oscillator board: there are now a total of two 10 meter segments
that won't oscillate (the 28 mhz segment and the 29 mhz segment). As I
mentioned, one of those (can't recall which) has been a problem with the rig
since I got it; the other used to work but now doesn't - perhaps an
alignment or pin connection issue.

The display, after it warms up, is fine.

Anyway, realistically, I'm never going to get around to working it back to
its full glory...there's just not enough free time with family and work ...
so I've decided to offer boards, parts, etc. to other Heath users in hopes
of helping some other Heath fans get their own 104As up and running. The
object here is not to make a ton of money but instead just to get a fair
price for the various assemblies, cabinet elements, etc., to help other
Heath fans.

Here is what's available. Please note that although everything else appears
to be working fine at this point, these will all be as-is.

All cabinet and panel parts.
All knobs
All boards
CW filter
VFO assembly
All manuals
Extender card
And everything else

The power supply/speaker is also available, as are all the matching
accessories, and manuals, but I will not be parting them out but will be
selling them intact later on.

If there is anything that you desperately need, please let me know along
with a reasonable offer. After the desperate needs are taken care of, I'll
compile a list of the rest and post it to the list.

Thanks,

Steve AA4BW