Suggestions on repairing Heathkit 2.305 MHz IF transformers

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Mon Oct 17 22:18:19 EDT 2005

The originator E-Mailed me and said that he could
definitely see the cracks when he shined a flashlight
into the coil.  I also was asked where replacement
cores could be found other than from another coil.

I know that there used to be cores available from
various sources but I haven't seen any lately.  The
ones that I have came from Motorola as replacements
for their two-way FM equipment and they were obtained
quite a number of years ago.

Glen, K9STH

--- Brian AF4K <bcarling at CFL.RR.COM> wrote:

But sometimes the crack in a core can be VERY hard to
see!

Glen, K9STH

Web sites

http://home.comcast.net/~k9sth